Downtown Franklin merchants offer specials, Hop & Shop Trolley kicks off holiday route
FRANKLIN, TN – Historic Downtown Franklin will support Small Business Saturday on Nov. 25 with special promotions and events, as well as the kick off for this year’s Hop & Shop Trolley with Mayor Ken Moore.
“We love celebrating Small Business Saturday in Downtown Franklin,” said Kristy Williams, director of the Downtown Franklin Association. “Our merchants do so much to make this town special, and we are happy to celebrate them while getting in the holiday spirit.”
To encourage shopping local, the Downtown Franklin Association partners with The Factory at Franklin and the Franklin Transit Authority to provide free transportation with the Hop & Shop Trolley. The shuttle is a heated and handicap accessible form of transportation for passengers to take into downtown Franklin from The Factory. Running in 30-minute shifts from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., the festive trolley will begin with special guest City of Franklin Mayor Ken Moore on Nov. 25 and will continue Dec. 2, 16 and 23.
Founded by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday is celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Its purpose is to support small businesses and celebrate communities across the country.
Merchants and building owners will showcase their holiday storefronts and offer specials, including:
- Riverside Franklin: 20% off boutique clothing
- Pedego Franklin Electric Bikes: $100 off all in-stock bikes plus a free helmet
- Coffee House at Second & Bridge: 50% off any medium brewed coffee
- Shoppes on Main: free Christmas tote with $50 purchase and a Nora Fleming Christmas mini with a purchase of aNora Fleming serving piece
- Zula & Mac: special discounts throughout the store on selected items for the whole weekend, in addition toholiday snacks and beverages all day on Saturday
- Rare Prints Gallery: 20% off all unframed prints.
- It’s Vintage Baby: complimentary mini Christmas photo shoot
- Twine Graphics: Buy one get one 50% off, along with a free Twine Logo tee with purchase while supplies last!
- Visitor Center: free Franklin Travel Tin Candle with a purchase of $50 or more
- Puckett’s Grocery, Puckett’s Boat House and Scout’s Pub: Buy $50 in gift cards, get an additional $10, buy $100, getan additional $25, buy $500, get an additional $150 and buy $1,000, get an additional $400
- Arbor Antique Mall: various sales storewide, including refreshments for shoppers
- T.Nesbitt and Co.: 20% off store wide sale, hot cranberry tea and dessert cookies
- Franklin Road Apparel: expanded sale section and coffee and treats for early bird shoppers
- Craft Love Franklin: book any upcoming DIY class and receive a TN Love pillow to make for free usingcode FREEPILLOW. Book online at https://craftlove.com/franklin/calendar
- Scout’s Barbershop: 20% off products and apparel and $5 off haircuts
- Walton’s Jewelry: shoppers who make a purchase will be entered to win a $250 gift certificate
- The Cellar: shoppers who spend $50 or more will be entered into a gift card raffle while enjoying complimentarymimosas
- Vue Optique: $100 off a complete pair of prescription eyewear/sunwear (cannot be used with insurance)
- Harpeth True Value: 20% off in the Christmas storeFor more information on Small Business Saturday in Historic Downtown Franklin and the Hop & Shop Trolley, visit www.downtownfranklintn.com.
About Downtown Franklin Association
The Downtown Franklin Association, established in 1984, is a non-profit committed to historic preservation and community vibrancy. Since its founding, the DFA has helped spearhead the revitalization of Franklin’s historic downtown core. Working in partnership with the Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County, property owners, city and county government, local businesses and merchants in our historic retail district, the Downtown Franklin Association (DFA) has helped create one of the nation’s Main Street success stories. For more information, visit www.downtownfranklintn.com.