Happy Tales Humane was founded in 1996 to provide the area with an animal shelter that does not use euthanasia to make room for additional animals. HTH operated as a ‘virtual shelter’, housing all animals in dedicated foster homes, until 2000 when a shelter for the cats was opened in The Factory at Franklin.
All of the dogs in HTH’s adoption program are still kept in foster homes, though the goal is to one day open a shelter where both cats and dogs can be housed on-site. HTH is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 animal shelter with our own Board of Directors. All of our funding is through tax-deductible donations.
Happy Tales Humane is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of animals in Middle Tennessee by rescuing, caring for, and finding adoptive homes for unwanted pets; by taking action to prevent pet overpopulation; by fostering a respect for all life; by encouraging volunteerism; and by educating the community about responsible pet guardianship.
Board of Directors
- Paul Nowak, Board Chair and Treasurer
- Tina Tackett, Secretary
- Mike Bergert
- Bennie Copeland
- Patti Brown James
- John Mark McDougal
- Emily Ghearing
- Michelle Weidner
- Laura Palmer
- Judge Al Nations
- Vicky Stout
- Carothers Pkwy Veterinary Clinic
- Battleground Hospital for Animals
- Lovie’s Legacy
- Paw Pals Day Care Where a dog can be a dog
- Dogtopia Nashville Do you know what your dog does all day?
- The Farm at Natchez Trace The Farm is a unique pet boarding facility, offering all-luxury suites on 18 acres of wooded walking trails, play and training fields, a wading creek, and an authentic barnyard.
- Friends of Animals Friends of Animals is a non-profit, international animal advocacy organization.
- Alley Cat Allies Education and information about feral and stray cats.
- Buttercup’s Pet Hospice In-home services for dogs and cats in Middle Tennessee
- Buttercup’s Pet Bereavement Support A gentle and compassionate website for pet lovers who are grieving a pet either at the end of life or afterwards.
- Middle Tennessee Pet Resource Center a clearing house that unites information from several counties…