Strawberry (or any fruit you prefer) & Yogurt Parfait
This healthy yogurt parfait recipe combines fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and crunchy granola for an easy breakfast. Pack the parfait in a mason jar for a healthy breakfast on the go.
By: EatingWell Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl and let stand until the berries start to release juice, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble parfait, layer yogurt and the strawberries with their juice in a 2-cup container. Top with granola.
- Make Ahead Tip: Assemble the parfait up to 2 hours ahead.
- Serving size: about 1½ cups
- Per serving: 285 calories8 g fat(1 g sat); 6 g fiber; 37 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 73 mcg folate; 6 mg cholesterol; 22 g sugars; 7 g added sugars; 30 IU vitamin A; 98 mg vitamin C; 174 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 50 mg sodium; 577 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (163% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 nonfat milk, 1 fat