Modern. Southern. Style., defines the nations largest family owned department store, Belk, Inc., and the dapper gentleman’s source for contemporary and classic wardrobe choices for over 125 years. Each season Belk curates a list of Men’s Most Wanted, as a compass for gents creating a new look or updating a current wardrobe. Fall 2013 is by far one of the most exciting seasons ever, as designers and consumers are ready to head in a new and transconscious direction. Men should expect a twist of rich colors, dimensional textures, prominent patterns and timeless yet modern wardrobe essentials. Use layering to create updated and refreshed looks that will provide wardrobe versatility, allowing for an expression of authentic and distinctive individualism. Without question, the best route to take this season, whether refined or rugged, is an easy choice with a Belk roadmap for style. The Belk Men’s Most Wanted will provide the must have item that will wonderfully renew and warm up any wardrobe.
1. Wine List – Rediscover world-class color. Elegant shades like Bordeaux, merlot and aubergine guarantee looks that are both laid back and luxurious. Choose a monochromatic mix or one bold pop.
2. Plaid Shirt – Continue to count on bold patterns and vibrant hues with a preppy persona. No gimmicks but always with attitude.
3. Textured Knit Top – Fall inspires knits in a range of deep, rich and saturated colors. From crews and the all-important V-necks to cotton blends and cool synthetics, this item is an essential wardrobe builder.
4. Corduroy Pant – Well cut, cool and polished, this bottom has fashion fans everywhere taking a second look. This time in more contemporary 5-pocket silhouettes and in an array of rich tints.
5. Sport Coat – Suede, velvet, camel hair, corded effects. Yes, materials matter; work place to weekend this jacket is definitely fall’s favorite “completer” piece.
6. Fine Gauge Sweater – Lightweight and easy to wear, this item is ideal for layering – under a sport coat or worn over a fresh fall shirt. It will be a must for most. V-necks are headlining!
7. Best Vest – Plaids and Herringbones; tweeds and solids, vests have become a form, fashion fixture. Easy going or elegant, this amazing add-on is tailor-made for the modern-thinking male.
8. Five Pocket Pant – An alternative to denim, this easy bottom has become one of the signature silhouettes of the season. Love when fashion meets function.
9. English Country Tie – Always on the A-list are ties that add something a little more edgy. Pick traditional patterns that offer a classic remix – authentic and distinctive.
10. Desert Boot – Effortlessly stylish, this shoe carefully combines tradition and innovation. Time to hit the ground running.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest family owned and operated department store company with 301 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., the company is in the third generation of Belk family leadership and has been committed to community involvement since its inception. Each year, Belk gives a portion of its pretax income back to the communities it serves. In the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the company and its associates, customers and vendors, donated more than $19 million to those communities. Belk stores and belk.com offer a wide assortment of top national brands and private label fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk go to: Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style.
Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first – for her, for her family, for life.