Take a stroll through the park, bring your children and enjoy an afternoon of family fun! Below are some great parks and playgrounds!
Parks & Playgrounds
- Jim Warren Park: 2 playgrounds, fun climbing rocks in the ground for pretend play and those climbing toddlers
- Playground at Williamson County Rec Center off of Hillsboro Road: right next to walking path, no traffic, picnic tables, don’t have to be a ‘member’
- Hike along the river (across from Sonic)
- Hike up the hill at Pinkerton
- Crockett Park, Brentwood
- Bowie Park, Fairview: LOTS of ducks to feed, walking trails, and playground, nature ctr with classes/field trips. http://www.fairview-tn.org/bowiepark/education.htm
- Dragon Park, Nashville
- Cheekwood, Nashville: Not free but do have school groups/homeschool group trips (free for kids pay for adults) they offer free admission weekends, check their website http://www.cheekwood.org.
- Christ Church, Nashville: Indoor 2-story Playground, admission is free! Mon through Fri, 2-4p and Sat/Sun 10a-6p
- Radnor Lake, Nashville: Possibilities are endless here, so many programs, hiking, tours, classes, etc. Most free and most for all ages, check their website to find something that fits your family
- Owls Hill Nature Center –nature field trips www.owlshill.org
- Warner Nature Center-great field trip/classes offered for all ages http://www.nashville.gov/parks/wpnc/wpnc_program_schedule.asp
- Picnic on Carnton grounds-walk through the cemetery
- Leiper’s Fork-picnic tables next to Puckett’s with grassy area to play and a stage to put on a performance.