THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES ON ANY WEB SITES NOT AFFILIATED WITH FRANKLINIS.COM TO WHICH THIS SITE LINKS.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collection. The Company collects information from you at several different points and in different ways on this Site. The Company will ask you for your permission before the Company collects any information that personally identifies you or allows the Company to contact you. The Company’s primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience. For example, the Company can use your personal information to:
- make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information and services.
- help the Company create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to updated information and services offered by the Company.
- Registration. To use this Site you may be required to first complete an online registration form. During registration you will be prompted to provide to the Company certain personal information, and possibly credit reference information, including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. In addition, the Company may also ask you for your country of residence so the Company can comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Cookies and Other Technology. The Company may collect aggregated site-visitation statistical information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology which is also known as a “web beacon”. Such aggregated statistical information is non-personal information. This Site employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize each user and its access privileges, and tracks a user’s site usage.
- “Web beacons” assist in delivering cookies and help the Company determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. The Company may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.) The Company does not link an IP address to any personally identifiable information.
- Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. The Company may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site. For example, the Company may identify you by your viewing history, IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and/or browser type. The Company may also request (although not require) other profile data including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, education, occupation and income level. In the case of the Sizzle Awards and other promotional efforts, agreeing to participate in the promotion signifies a willingness to be added to the Company’s e-mailing list. The Company may also internally use your personal and non-personal information to track its users’ demographics, improve the Company’s marketing and promotional efforts, to improve the Site’s content and/or layout, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- External Use. The Company does not sell, rent or license your specific personal information or financial information to any third parties, but the Company may be required to disclose such information in response to a valid court order or if the Company is otherwise required to disclose such information by law, including without limitation, in response to investigations conducted by law enforcement agencies. If the Company should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, the Company may sell or otherwise distribute the information you provide to us on this Web site to a third party or share your personal information with the company with which the Company merged. In the cases of Giveaways, the Company may share your information with the “parterning” company for the specific Giveaway. The Company does not use any outside companies to ship the Company products, to process customer orders or to process financial transactions.
This Site incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through this Site. Detailed information about SSL is available from Netscape Communications Corporation at http://wp.netscape.com/eng/ssl3/. While the Company uses SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, the Company also takes several steps to protect your personal information in the Company’s facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, the servers where the Company stores your personal information are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
WHILE THE COMPANY HAS TAKEN EVERY COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PRECAUTION TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, THE COMPANY CANNOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY BECAUSE COMPLETE SECURITY DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
Upon your request, the Company will (a) remove your personal information from the Company’s database (which might cancel your subscription to this Site or a portion of this Site); or (b) correct or update your personal information. You can request that the Company remove, correct or update your personal information at the customer information section of this Site franklinis.com/privacy-policy, or by mailing, telephoning, or e-mailing your request to the Company’s Customer Support department email@example.com.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Please note by filling out the information for voting in the Sizzle Awards, you may receive emails from FranklinIS, JLB, the Williamson Herald and Southern Exposure Magazine. You may opt out of these emails at any time.