From the City of Franklin: It’s easy to do! No sorting or separation is required. Just place your clean recyclables into blue transparent plastic bags and set them out for collection on your scheduled collection days.
Blue Bags are available at many local retailers in your trashbag aisle. Including Publix, Kroger, Lowes, Home Depot, Harpeth True Value, Handy Hardware, Sams, Costco and Walmart.
The Recycling Division does NOT collect glass, Styrofoam or other household waste. These items must NOT be placed in your blue bag. Glass is accepted for recycling at Williamson County Recycling Centers located throughout the County.
- Blue Bags are collected on your normal collection day. Please have your Blue Bags placed curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Your Blue Bags should be placed five (5) feet from your regular garbage containers.
- Do not use bags of another color because they will not be collected. Only correct material placed in the Blue Bags will be collected as recyclables.
- If you have large pieces of cardboard, we ask that you break the cardboard down flat and place the blue bags on top of the flattened cardboard. All cardboard boxes that are not broken down and/or contain styrofoam, glass, or other household waste will be collected with your regular trash and not recycled.
- Information on recycling electronics can be found on our BOPAE webpage.
- Those living outside the city limits of Franklin, should contact Williamson Recycles for information on recycling in Williamson County.
- If you have questions about the Blue Bag program, please email the department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 794-1516.