To keep kids busy during the Thanksgiving holiday, here are some suggestions for fun festive activities. Enjoy family time with crafts, songs and more!
-construction paper: red, yellow, orange, brown and white
-colored pencils or crayons
Trace each child’s hand or have children trace each other’s hands or one of their own. Have children color their turkey however they want—the thumb is the head and the other fingers can be colored different colors for the feathers.
Tip: create an example for children to model their turkeys from
Have children to narrate or write several things that they are thankful for, around the turkey drawing. Before sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner, have all the children share their turkey and what they are thankful for.
Pilgrim Hat Napkin Rings
-cardboard paper tubes
-cardboard circle (cut 4 in. in diameter)
-paint or magic markers
-yellow construction paper
1. Cut a 3-inch-wide ring from a cardboard tube and along the bottom, make 1-inch snips, spaced 1/2 inch apart, and bend out the tabs.
2. Cut a straight line down one side of the ring, overlap the upper corners and tape them in place
3. Set the remaining portion of the cardboard tube on end in the center of the cardboard circle and trace around it
4. Cut out the inner circle and fit the doughnut shape over the ring so that it rests on the tabs
5. Glue the tabs to the rim
6. Paint or color the hat black and once it paint/marker has dried, glue a yellow paper buckle onto the hat
Five Little Turkeys
Five little turkeys standing at the door,
One waddled off, and then there were four.
Four little turkeys sitting near a tree,
One waddled off , and then there were three.
Three little turkeys with nothing to do,
One waddled off, and then there were two.
Two little turkeys in the morning sun,
One waddled off, and then there was one.
One little turkey better run away,
For soon it will be Thanksgiving Day.
(tune: I’m a little teapot)
I’m a little pumpkin
Orange and round.
Here is my stem,
There is the ground.
When I get all cut up,
Don’t you shout!
Just open me up
And scoop me out!