Downtown Franklin merchants offer specials to kick off holiday season
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Downtown Franklin Association merchants and building owners will support Small Business Saturday on Nov. 24 with special promotions and events.
“We love celebrating this season in downtown Franklin,” said Jason Collins, president of the Downtown Franklin Association leadership team. “Our merchants are remarkable, so we are happy to celebrate them while getting into the holiday spirit.”
Founded by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday is celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Its purpose is to support small businesses and celebrate communities across the country.
The Downtown Franklin Association is accredited by Main Street America, a program established by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The main street program is a four-pillar approach to downtown revitalization. Small Business Saturday falls under the Promotions pillar, positioning downtown Franklin as a hub of economic activity while showcasing the community’s unique characteristics and supporting a buy-local experience. The Downtown Franklin Association is a key division of the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN.
CEO of the Heritage Foundation, Bari Beasley said, “When you support the merchants that belong to the Downtown Franklin Association, not only are you supporting local businesses in our community, but you’re also supporting businesses that care about historic preservation. Thank you to our 152 members – you are a valued part of our mission.”
These DFA members will showcase their holiday storefronts and offer specials, including:
- BB’s Bar-B-Q: $5 off a full rack of ribs or free gallon of tea with pulled pork family pack purchase
- Bink’s Outfitters: True Grit pullovers and vests 50 percent off
- The Cellar: spend $75 and receive a free scarf while supplies last
- Citizen: 10 percent or more off in store only
- Craft Love Franklin: Small Business Saturday BOGO 50 percent off, must preregister online com/franklin/events/free-mimosas-and-crafts
- Damico Frame & Art Gallery: shoppers mentioning the promotion can enter to win $250 gift certificate
- ECCO Salon: $35 blowouts
- Handy Hardware: 25 percent off Christmas items and markdowns on all MoonPie merchandise
- Imago Dei: free print or mug with every purchase
- Juice Bar Franklin: 10 percent off all day
- Kelly Spalding Designs: sip and shop with mimosas and 25 percent off Christmas decor plus free gift wrapping
- Onyx & Alabaster: 20 percent off storewide
- Rare Prints Gallery: shoppers mentioning the promotion can be entered to win a framed antique map of Williamson County ($500 value)
- Scout’s Barbershop: receive a special gift with a $50 product purchase, $10 off of a $75 product purchase or $20 off of a $100 product purchase
- Shuff’s Music: hot apple cider and cookies, free Shuff’s Music coffee mug with a $50 purchase and free T-shirt with $100 purchase
- Shuff’s Piano Showroom: 40 percent off all new pianos, purchase a new piano and get a free piano book while supplies last
- Skibo Nail & Spa: 20 percent off facial, pedicure, manicure or wax
- Sweet CeCe’s: buy $25 in gift cards and receive a free ice cream, FROYO or cookies up to $5
- Tin Cottage: tag Tin Cottage in your social media posts including the hashtag #shoplocal and receive 20 percent off Christmas décor
- Triple Crown Bakery: $1 gingerbread cookies and enter to win a free personalized gingerbread house
- Twine Graphics: 20 percent off storewide and free Twine enamel pin or coffee mug with $50 purchase while supplies last
- Vue Optique: $100 off a complete pair of prescription eyewear or sunwear (cannot be used with insurance)
- Walton’s Jewelry: 10 percent off your purchase
- Winchester Antique Mall: spend $50 or more and enter to win a gift basket valued at $250
- Zula & Mac: hourly door prizes, prosecco and treats and all shoppers will be entered in a $100 gift card drawing
For more information on Small Business Saturday in historic downtown Franklin, visit www.downtownfranklintn.com.
About Downtown Franklin Association
The Downtown Franklin Association, a division of the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN was established in 1984 to aid in historic preservation and community vibrancy and helped spearhead the revitalization of Franklin’s historic downtown core. Using the four-pillar approach set forth by Main Street America, a division of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and in partnership with property owners, city and county government, local businesses and merchants in the Franklin, TN historic retail district, the Downtown Franklin Association (DFA) has helped create one of the nation’s main street success stories. For more information, visit www.downtownfranklintn.com.
About the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN has been dedicated to protecting and preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic and cultural heritage and promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include the Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. The Foundation brings county history to about 3,000 public, private and homeschooled children each year through the Heritage Classroom program and walking tours of downtown Franklin. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, Pumpkinfest and Dickens of a Christmas bring hundreds of thousands of locals and visitors to the county each year. For more information on the Heritage Foundation, visit https://williamsonheritage.org.